- 150 g butter
- 2 teaspoons Neolea Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh blood orange juice
- 3 medium-sized blood oranges
- 140 g flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 75 g ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cover bottom of cake springform pan with baking paper and grease.
2. For the cake, peel blood oranges and cut into thin slices. Dab oranges on kitchen paper and distribute overlapping slices on the bottom of the springform pan so that it is completely covered with blood oranges. Evenly sprinkle with 10 g of flour and put aside.
3. Mix remaining flour baking powder, soda and ground almonds and put aside.
4. Rub off the blood orange peel. Beat butter and sugar until frothy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix in the lemon peel.
5. Add dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and stir until a dough is formed. Add milk and olive oil and stir the dough until smooth.
6. Pour the dough over the blood orange slices into the springform pan. Bake in a hot oven for 35-40 minutes and allow to cool completely.
7. For the syrup squeeze 1 blood orange. Mix the juice with the sugar and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pot from the heat.
8. Distribute syrup over the cake. Remove from the mold.
You can find more recipes here on our blog ranging from breakfast, lunch or dinner inspirations. If you want to find out more about all the health benefits extra virgin olive oil has to offer or how we are producing it, check out our Olive Oil 101 section on the website!
I’ve been roasting sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, butternut squash, etc. With this lovely olive oil and some spices. Delicious!
Love the flavor! Notes are the best!
My sister brought me a bottle as a gift i loved it so much I ordered it, there is no bitterness it's light and flavorful!!! I'll keep buying it.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.