We all know it: You go to the fridge, open it and you’re disappointed that there’s only the same stuff in it again. It is so easy to create your own spreads for any time of day! Today we’ll show you how to make your own vegan carrot-ginger hummus to bring more freshness and variety to your fridge!
- 400g carrots
- 3cm ginger
- 1 tin chick peas
- 2-3 stalks celery
- a big clove of garlic
- fresh herbs (parsley, oregano and thyme for example)
- 30g pine nuts
- juice of a lime
- Neolea Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. First cut the carrots into slices and put them in boiling water until soft. Pour the liquid from the can of chickpeas and put them in a large bowl, together with the carrots. Add a little olive oil and you can now mash them coarsely with a blender.
2. Peel the ginger and cut it into small cubes and put it in the bowl together with the chopped celery and add a handful of chopped parsley, oregano and other herbs to taste.
3. Roast in a small pan the pine nuts on medium heat without oil and put ¾ of it in the bowl, the rest you keep for garnishing. Now puree your ingredients and gradually squeeze the juice of the lime into your hummus.
4. Now it’s time for seasoning, and that’s entirely up to you. A little salt, pepper, paprika powder and curry give your spread a spicy, oriental note and a stronger colour.
5. Now you can arrange your hummus in a bowl with the remaining pine nuts, a slice of lime and herbs, or you fill it into a glass, cover it with a thin layer of olive oil and put it in the fridge for the next day. The spread should last at least 1 week when stored in the refrigerator.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.
Simply amazing! Neolea must be definitely the best olive oil I've ever tasted. So smooth and fruity with notes of banana and honey at first and then it kicks back with just the right amount of fiery pepper aftertaste. With beautiful packaging design, this is just wonderful olive oil. This is how great product should taste and be presented.
There are a few little things that can bring instant gratification. A good espresso and a tasty olive oil. Both can excel in their simplicity and the olive oil of Neolea does too. It’s lovely for cold and hot applications. My wife, who is Greek, approves too. It really is that good. My next order will be the 5 liter tin.