OLIVE OIL MEETS CHOCOLATE
Makes approx. 20 cookies
- 250 ml of olive oil
- 220 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 170 g bread flour
- 130 g all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 100 g roughly chopped dark chocolate (70%)
- 100 g roughly chopped dark chocolate (50%)
- 2-3tsp cayenne pepper, depending on how spicy you like it
- Coarse sea salt for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 170°C (fan) /190°C. Line your baking sheets with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, cream together the eggs, oil, brown sugar and vanilla extract until the sugar has almost dissolved, this should take approximately 5-8 minutes.
In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the bread flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and cayenne pepper.
Pour the flour mixture into the oil-sugar mixture and using a spatula mix until just blended. Add the chopped chocolate and fold into the dough. Chill covered with cling film for around 30 minutes.
- Get about 1 heaped teaspoon of dough and use your hands to roll it into a golf ball sized mound. Place on the baking parchment. Leave a healthy space between cookies, they will spread out quite a bit. Sprinkle coarse sea salt on cookies to taste. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then finish cooling on a metal rack.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.
Simply amazing! Neolea must be definitely the best olive oil I've ever tasted. So smooth and fruity with notes of banana and honey at first and then it kicks back with just the right amount of fiery pepper aftertaste. With beautiful packaging design, this is just wonderful olive oil. This is how great product should taste and be presented.
There are a few little things that can bring instant gratification. A good espresso and a tasty olive oil. Both can excel in their simplicity and the olive oil of Neolea does too. It’s lovely for cold and hot applications. My wife, who is Greek, approves too. It really is that good. My next order will be the 5 liter tin.