6 x 100 ml ramekins / espresso cups
- 100 g dark chocolate, 70% with orange rind, broken into small pieces
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Cointreau (orange liqueur)
- 4 large free-range eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt flakes, plus a pinch
- 30 g caster sugar
1. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a simmering pot of water, make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Remove chocolate from the heat before it is completely melted, then stir it gently so that the last little pieces of chocolate dissolve. Leave to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the oil and set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of sea salt flakes in a grease-free bowl until you have firm peaks (careful not to overmix, otherwise your mousse will turn out grainy). Set aside.
3. Whisk the yolks, sugar and 1⁄4 teaspoon of sea salt flakes in a separate large bowl until pale, thick and about doubled in volume.
4. Gradually pour the chocolate-oil mixture into the beaten yolks and whisk briefly to mix completely. Using a big metal spoon, add a third of the beaten egg whites and fold in vigorously to lighten the mixture. Now, gently fold in the rest of the egg whites and making sure to leave as much air in the mixture as possible.
5. Gently spoon the mousse into your ramekins or cups. To get the desired texture – soft and satiny, rather than set like a more traditional mousse – you can either refrigerate for 60 minutes then eat straight away, or overnight and then take out to come to room temperature for 20 minutes before eating.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 16.9 fl.oz
I’ve been roasting sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, butternut squash, etc. With this lovely olive oil and some spices. Delicious!
Love the flavor! Notes are the best!
My sister brought me a bottle as a gift i loved it so much I ordered it, there is no bitterness it's light and flavorful!!! I'll keep buying it.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
I’ve had some of the “best” olive oil from Italy and Spain however, Neolea is truly outstanding. Pure, light and flavorful. I received it as a gift and I have been a loyal customer since. My family and friends are thrilled when I gift it for a special occasion.
Great for all uses, especially tasty in salad dressings and as a bread dipper. Love it!