1 pack of dried lasagna Sheets
1 batch of homemade tomato sauce
- 250 grams of whole milk ricotta
- 3 tablespoons of homemade pesto
- 200 grams of melty cheese
- 100 grams of Parmigiano cheese
Handful of fresh basil
For the sauce:
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of Neolea olive oil
- 300-400 grams of ground beef (or vegetarian version)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 500 ml of passata
- 2 tablespoons of dried Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- Dice the onion, bell pepper and garlic in very small pieces.
- To make the sauce heat a large sauce pan over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Add the beef into the pan and fry until it’s almost cooked.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Then add the herbs, and tomato puree and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add the red wine and let it cook and evaporate for 5 minutes again.
- Last add the the passata in and a little bit of water, salt and pepper. Cook this for 25 minutes on a low heat and stir occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, 2/3 of the cheese, the Parmigiano and the pesto and mix it really well.
- Now you have all the components ready for the lasagna. So take a deep baking dish and oil this really well with some Neolea olive oil.
- Add a couple tablespoons of the sauce into the dish, over the sauce add a couple dollops of ricotta filling, then the lasagna sheets. Repeat this until the dish is full and make sure you end with a good layer of sauce.
- Add the remaining of the cheese and maybe, if you feel like it, some extra Parmigiano cheese!
- Put the baking dish in a preheated oven of 175 degrees for 30-40 minutes, depending on your oven and the type of lasagna sheets you’re using.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. And add the fresh basil leafs on top.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.
Simply amazing! Neolea must be definitely the best olive oil I've ever tasted. So smooth and fruity with notes of banana and honey at first and then it kicks back with just the right amount of fiery pepper aftertaste. With beautiful packaging design, this is just wonderful olive oil. This is how great product should taste and be presented.
There are a few little things that can bring instant gratification. A good espresso and a tasty olive oil. Both can excel in their simplicity and the olive oil of Neolea does too. It’s lovely for cold and hot applications. My wife, who is Greek, approves too. It really is that good. My next order will be the 5 liter tin.