Ajika is a hot and spicy paste that comes form the Middle Eastern kitchen and is made a lot of times with tomatoes or red peppers but is also really nice with coriander. As we love to share simple but tasty recipes, we wanted to show you something that can be combined with different dishes. It is a perfect addition to fish and meat as well as dishes containing potatoes, beans and tomatoes.
- 50 g coriander, leaves and stalks, roughly chopped
- 50 g parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped
A small handful of young celery leaves
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 1⁄2 tsp cardamom, ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried summer savory
- 1 fresh jalapeño, remove the seeds or leave them in depending how spicy you like it. juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 140 ml olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
1. To make the ajika: combine all ingredients except for the olive oil. Pulse to make a rough paste, then slowly and gradually add the olive oil continuing to blend, making sure you still retain some of the texture of the herbs and voila!
2. Delicious as a dressing, with grilled meat or with the fig carpaccio.
My sister brought me a bottle as a gift i loved it so much I ordered it, there is no bitterness it's light and flavorful!!! I'll keep buying it.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.
Simply amazing! Neolea must be definitely the best olive oil I've ever tasted. So smooth and fruity with notes of banana and honey at first and then it kicks back with just the right amount of fiery pepper aftertaste. With beautiful packaging design, this is just wonderful olive oil. This is how great product should taste and be presented.
There are a few little things that can bring instant gratification. A good espresso and a tasty olive oil. Both can excel in their simplicity and the olive oil of Neolea does too. It’s lovely for cold and hot applications. My wife, who is Greek, approves too. It really is that good. My next order will be the 5 liter tin.