This recipe is inspired by the book SIMPEL from Ottolenghi. One of our favorite books here at Neolea. Ottolenghi loves olive oil and almost every recipe clearly shows this. We are of course in favor of that. We have given a little twist to the recipe and it turned out delicious! We hope you enjoy it just as much.
- 1 large leek
- 15 grams of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of neolea olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 150 ml of bouillon
- 70 grams of fresh spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of za’atar
- salt and pepper
- Cut the leek in half, give it a good rinse with cold water so there are no more grains of sand. Then cut in half rings.
- Put the butter and 1 tablespoon of extra vierge olive oil in a small frying pan and heat over a medium heat. As soon as the butter forms little bubbles, you can put the leek in.
- Fry the leek for about 4 minutes and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the stock and let simmer for 4 minutes again until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the spinach and fry for 1 minute.
- Make 3 wells between the leek and spinach and put the eggs in it.
- Cover the pan and let the eggs simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- As a final step, mix the other tablespoon of Neolea olive oil with the tablespoon of za'atar herbs and sprinkle over the entire dish.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.
Simply amazing! Neolea must be definitely the best olive oil I've ever tasted. So smooth and fruity with notes of banana and honey at first and then it kicks back with just the right amount of fiery pepper aftertaste. With beautiful packaging design, this is just wonderful olive oil. This is how great product should taste and be presented.
There are a few little things that can bring instant gratification. A good espresso and a tasty olive oil. Both can excel in their simplicity and the olive oil of Neolea does too. It’s lovely for cold and hot applications. My wife, who is Greek, approves too. It really is that good. My next order will be the 5 liter tin.