No-nonsense olive oil ice cream cookie sandwiches. This wonderfully simple ice cream method uses only a few ingredients and no fancy equipment. It really brings out all of the hidden flavours of the olive oil, so use the best one you can find. Combine with your favourite cookies for a stunning dessert that will be sure to have your guests talking.
(for 1/2 litre ice cream / 6-8 cookie sandwiches)
- 60 ml Neolea olive oil
- 200 ml sweetened condensed milk
- a pinch of salt (preferably fleur de sel)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250 ml whipping cream, chilled
- 12 cookies (we're using kletskoppen, a Dutch classic)
- In a bowl, fold together the olive oil, condensed milk, salt and vanilla with a spatula.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, but don't overbeat it.
- Fold the whipped cream into the olive oil mixture in 3 parts, being careful not to knock the air out of the cream.
- Cut the top off a disposable water bottle so you have a high cup with straight sides. Fill with the olive oil cream.
- Cover the top with a piece of grease-proof paper and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours, or overnight.
- Working quickly, cut the water bottle from the ice cream with a pair of scissors.
- Cut 6 slices from the ice cream roll, about 2 cm thick.
- Sandwich the ice cream between 2 cookies, and serve immediately.
You can make the ice cream a few days ahead if you want and assemble just before serving.
This recipe uses half a can of condensed milk. You can reduce the unused condensed milk in the oven for a delicious caramel sauce.
I’ve been roasting sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, butternut squash, etc. With this lovely olive oil and some spices. Delicious!
Love the flavor! Notes are the best!
My sister brought me a bottle as a gift i loved it so much I ordered it, there is no bitterness it's light and flavorful!!! I'll keep buying it.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.