A lovely indulgent but also healthy recipe, full of green veggies, but also full of parmesan cheese and of course our awesome olive oil. Perfect for spring or summer! You can also eat it as a cold pasta salad, so great to take to the park or a potluck, or just to enjoy by yourself with a movie :)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 150 ml of Neolea olive oil
- 150 grams of spaghetti
- salt and pepper
- 200 grams of green beans
- 150 grams of peas
- 200 grams of spinach
- 100 grams of parmesan cheese
- fresh dill
- Put the olive oil together with whole cloves of garlic (a little bit crushed) in a large pan and put on low heat. Let this come to a soft simmer and cook the garlic for 15 minutes. Turn the heat of, transfer the garlic oil to a small container and let cool.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta and cook per manufacturer's instructions until cooked to al dente. Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the veggies. To a large sauté pan, heat 3 tablespoons of the infused light olive oil over medium heat. Add the green beans and peas. Season with salt and black pepper and cook for 3 minutes, add the spinach and turn the heat to low.
- Add the pasta, the parmesan cheese (save a little for serving) and the remaining of the infused oil.
- Serve with some chopped fresh dill on top and the extra parmesan cheese, enjoy!
There are a few little things that can bring instant gratification. A good espresso and a tasty olive oil. Both can excel in their simplicity and the olive oil of Neolea does too. It’s lovely for cold and hot applications. My wife, who is Greek, approves too. It really is that good. My next order will be the 5 liter tin.