Summer is almost coming to an end right now, we are kind of sad about that. The positive side is; SOUP season is coming! And we love a nice, warming and spicy soup. This recipe is really a must try! It is on the spicy side so if you're not into that you can leave out the cayenne pepper. We hope you enjoy!
- 400 grams of pumpkin, cubed
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of cream
- 5 tablespoon of Neolea olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- half a teaspoon of curry powder
- half a teaspoon paprika powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 bouillon cube
- 500 ml water
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Cut the onion and garlic in small pieces and add to the pan, fry for about 4 minutes and add the spices and fry for 1 minute with the onion and garlic.
- Add the diced pumpkin, potato, the bouillon cube and the water and bring to a boil.
- Let this simmer for about 15 minutes, until the potato and and pumpkin are tender.
- Take of the heat and let cool for a couple of minutes, blend it with an immersion blender or normal blender with the cream and the remaining of the olive oil until everything is smooth.
- Add some parsley and extra olive oil before serving.
There are a few little things that can bring instant gratification. A good espresso and a tasty olive oil. Both can excel in their simplicity and the olive oil of Neolea does too. It’s lovely for cold and hot applications. My wife, who is Greek, approves too. It really is that good. My next order will be the 5 liter tin.