OLIVE OIL MEETS CINNAMON
Slow roasted cinnamon & lemon chicken finished off with olive oil
Ready for some Christmas dinner inspiration? This winter table scene featuring a simple slow roasted chicken from the sisters of Rocket & Basil should be definitely added to your Christmas recipes! The following two weeks we are focusing on the special combination between cinnamon and olive oil, which is especially amazing during this time of the year and adds a nice festive touch. Step by step we will explain you how to prepare this simple but special festive dinner.
- 6 organic chicken legs 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1⁄2 tsp allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 mandarins, peel intact, cut into thin slices
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, halved lengthways.
- 4 shallots, peeled and cut in half lengthways
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Small bunch dill, leaves picked
- 1 red chili, deseeded and sliced
- More olive oil to drizzle
- Greek yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (fan)/ 200°C.
2. Sprinkle chicken generously with salt, pepper. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and brown chicken all over, set aside on some kitchen paper.
3. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, cinnamon, sumac, allspice in a bowl. Add the chicken to the spice-olive oil mix, and coat thoroughly, then place in a roasting tin (including all the liquid) and arrange mandarin, cinnamon stick and garlic evenly in the tray.
4. Cook chicken until no longer pink at the bone, the juices run clear, and skin is lightly browned, around 40-45 more minutes. Baste the chicken with the pan juices every 10-15 minutes or so.
5. To serve: drizzle with more olive oil, top with dill and chopped chili. Delicious with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
I’ve been roasting sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, butternut squash, etc. With this lovely olive oil and some spices. Delicious!
Love the flavor! Notes are the best!
My sister brought me a bottle as a gift i loved it so much I ordered it, there is no bitterness it's light and flavorful!!! I'll keep buying it.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.