You can mix the veggies up however you like; bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms, leeks, go nuts with your all time favorites. Don't forget the Neolea extra virgin olive oil drizzle at the end, very important!
- 1 medium onion
- 400 grams of mixed veggies
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of Neolea olive oil + extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 500 ml of passata
- 2 tablespoons of dried Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- 125 grams of mozzarella
- 400 grams of pasta of your choice
- Fresh basil
- Dice the onion, mixed veggies and garlic in very small pieces.
- To make the sauce heat a large sauce pan over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Add the onion, veggies and garlic and fry for 5 minutes. Then add the herbs, and tomato puree and fry for 1 more minute.
- Last add the the passata in and a little bit of water, salt and pepper. Cook this for 25 minutes on a low heat and stir occasionally.
- Cook the pasta a little under al dente in a large pot with salted boiling water.
- Combine the the sauce with the pasta and mix it very well.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease a large baking dish with some olive oil and put the whole pasta and sauce mixture in.
- Top with sliced mozzarella en put in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Until it looks golden brown and melty.
- Take it out of the oven and drizzle with some extra Neolea
There are a few little things that can bring instant gratification. A good espresso and a tasty olive oil. Both can excel in their simplicity and the olive oil of Neolea does too. It’s lovely for cold and hot applications. My wife, who is Greek, approves too. It really is that good. My next order will be the 5 liter tin.