- 400 grams of chestnut mushrooms
- 350 grams of fresh spinach
- 100 grams of walnuts
- 30 grams of breadcrumbs
- 100 ml of white wine vinegar
- 50 ml of Neolea olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 roll of fresh puff pastry
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 egg
- Sprigs of fresh thyme
- Optional: blue cheese
- Cut the onion and garlic in very small pieces and fry in a little bit of olive oil for a couple of minutes. After 2 minutes, add 100 ml of white wine and the bouillon cube. Simmer for 15 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the mushrooms and fry in a bit of oil for 10 minutes until brown and the moisture has evaporated.
- Add the mushrooms to the onion-garlic mixture. If all goes well, a large part of the moisture has evaporated. Also add the leaves of a few sprigs of thyme and let it simmer slowly for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir-fry the spinach for about 4 minutes until it has shrunk. Rinse with cold water, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drain well (squeeze out moisture).
- Mix the finely ground walnuts and breadcrumbs in the mushroom mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a baking sheet. First divide the spinach in the middle, then the mushrooms and then the optional cheese. Fold well and brush the entire puff pastry with the egg. Place in a preheated oven at 175 degrees for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for half an hour before slicing and serving.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.
Simply amazing! Neolea must be definitely the best olive oil I've ever tasted. So smooth and fruity with notes of banana and honey at first and then it kicks back with just the right amount of fiery pepper aftertaste. With beautiful packaging design, this is just wonderful olive oil. This is how great product should taste and be presented.
There are a few little things that can bring instant gratification. A good espresso and a tasty olive oil. Both can excel in their simplicity and the olive oil of Neolea does too. It’s lovely for cold and hot applications. My wife, who is Greek, approves too. It really is that good. My next order will be the 5 liter tin.