Searching for a delicious meal, that keeps you cool on hot summer days? Try this lemon mint sorbet and combine it with some tasty waffles.
Sorbets are different from ice by having several other ingredientes and can also be made with wine or prosecco. This lemon mint sorbet is the number one way to stay cool as a cucumber this summer. A simple recipe requiring only 4 ingredients, this frosty treat is light, incredibly refreshing, and a cinch to make!
For the Lemon Mint Sorbet:
- 60 ml water
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
- a bunch of fresh mint
- 350ml sugar water (made from 250ml water and 200g sugar)
- 240 ml lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
For the crispy Waffles:
- 125 ml Neolea Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100 g sugar
- a package of vanilla sugar
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 250 g flour
- a pinch of salt
- half a package of baking soda
- 200 ml milk
- Start with a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, sugar, and lemon zest and stir, cooking just until the sugar has dissolved. This will take about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the torn mint leaves to the mixture and stir to combine. Allow your sirup to steep for 10 minutes. Check to see if your mixture has the desired level of mint flavor. Steep for an additional 5-10 minutes, if desired. Use a fine mesh strainer to strain your mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar water and strained lemon juice to the bowl with the mint syrup. Stir to combine. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to chill completely. Once chilled, process your sorbet mixture in an ice cream maker according to the machine directions. It usually takes 25-30 minutes. Store in a freezer safe container, covered well, for up to 2 weeks.
- In case you don’t own an ice cream maker or you don’t want a huzzle mixing your sorbet every 30 min while freezing, you can get some store bought lemon sorbet and add fresh mint leaves to spice it up!
- For making your waffles mix Neolea olive oil for cooking with sugar and vanilla sugar. Add the eggs one by one. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together and mix to the dough. Now slowly stir in the milk. Preheat the waffle iron and pour 3 tablespoons of dough onto the waffle iron. Bake each waffle for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve your sorbet and the waffles together and enjoy a perfect light meal for those hot days.
I’ve been roasting sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, butternut squash, etc. With this lovely olive oil and some spices. Delicious!
Love the flavor! Notes are the best!
My sister brought me a bottle as a gift i loved it so much I ordered it, there is no bitterness it's light and flavorful!!! I'll keep buying it.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.