Such an amazing classic combination. The sweetness of the watermelon, the salty of the feta cheese and the silky smooth Neolea olive oil. One of our favorite summer recipes here at team Neolea!
- a quarter of a watermelon (about 200 grams)
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 cucumber
- 150 grams of feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons of Neolea olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the pickled onions:
- 1 red onion
- 4 tablespoons of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Cut the onion into small rings and put in a bowl with the vinegar, sugar and water. Let this sit for at least half an hour.
- Cut the watermelon in bite size pieces and put in a large bowl.
- Deseed the cucumber and cut into half moon pieces, add these to the bowl as well.
- Tear or cut the basil leaves in pieces and add these with the olive oil, salt and pepper to the bowl and toss everything around.
- Divide this over a big plate or leave it in the bowl, top off with the feta, crumbled and the pieces of pickled onions.
- Your amazing summer salad is ready!
I’ve been roasting sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, butternut squash, etc. With this lovely olive oil and some spices. Delicious!
Love the flavor! Notes are the best!
My sister brought me a bottle as a gift i loved it so much I ordered it, there is no bitterness it's light and flavorful!!! I'll keep buying it.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.