OLIVE OIL MEETS NUTS
Winter roasted vegetable salad with olive oil and tahini emulsion - vegan
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into large florets (you can leave the some of the inner leaves attached)
- 1⁄2 bulb celeriac, un-peeled, cut into 5 cm chunks
- 1 small bulb fennel, finely shaved (using a mandolin is easiest for this)
- 120 g brussels sprouts, finely sliced
- 50 g almonds, lightly roasted
- 30 g dried cranberries, roughly chopped Small bunch parsley, leaves picked
- Salt & Pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- 45 ml Olive oil
- 45 ml Tahini
- Juice of one lemon Salt, pepper
To serve: 1 lemon
Preheat the oven to it’s fan highest setting. Cover the cauliflower and celeriac with hot water from a recently boiled kettle and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes. Rinse with cold water, pat dry and spread on a tin foil covered roasting tin with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for around 15-20 minutes on the top shelf of the oven, until browning and crispy around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool for around 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile make the emulsion: combine the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper to taste. Whisk until thoroughly blended.
Add 3-4 tbsp of cold water, and whisk again. The dressing should become very creamy. Taste, and add more lemon juice (for zing) and pepper, if desired. If your dressing is too thick, whisk in more cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Spread the dressing on the bottom of a large serving platter using the back of a spoon, arrange salad components on top. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over, drizzle a little more oil, check for seasoning and serve!
I’ve been roasting sweet potatoes, yellow potatoes, butternut squash, etc. With this lovely olive oil and some spices. Delicious!
Love the flavor! Notes are the best!
My sister brought me a bottle as a gift i loved it so much I ordered it, there is no bitterness it's light and flavorful!!! I'll keep buying it.
I had bought your products when I was on a family vacation back in October 2019. I love them I was so excited to find you online so I could continue purchasing them. Of course the olive oil is superb but your salts are beyond amazing
It was a lucky shot as the add for this product appeared in my Facebook timeline. I ordered the olive oil and all the different flavors of the sea salt. The olive oil is really good just dip it in some fresh bread and eat it. I'm very happy with my product and will definitely order again.